Your Privacy Rights
- In addition to our privacy obligations under the Privacy Act, to the extent that we collect personal information about individuals residing in the European Union (EU) or the United Kingdom (UK), we are a data controller for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and UK General Data Protection Act (UKGDPR).
- Immersve collects, uses and discloses personal information to provide you with access to and use of our Services, including but not limited to, providing Immersve to market and promote Immersve and our Services, to develop and improve our Services, to manage our workforce and to meet our legal obligations. Lawful basis for processing your personal information
- Where you have given your consent: This applies where you have freely given an informed, specific and unambiguous indication that we are permitted to collect and process your personal information. At any time, you may revoke your consent to the processing of some or all of your personal information by:
- emailing our data protection officer; and/or
- using the “unsubscribe” function in any communication that we send to you.
- If you revoke your consent, we may need to stop providing you with services if consent is the only legal basis for our processing of your personal information. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect processing of personal information that occurs before you notify us that you have withdrawn your consent. Performance of a contract: This applies if processing your personal information is necessary for the performance of a contract you are a party to. For example, if we are providing you with goods or Services on the basis of our standard terms and conditions.
- For our legitimate business interests: This applies where the processing of your personal information is necessary for us to:
- service our clients and manage our staff, and community.
- conduct market research and analysis to help us improve and customise our Services; and
- perform marketing and development activities (unless your consent is required for such activities).
- Your personal information will be collected and held by Immersve, 10/128 Onewa Road, Northcote, Auckland, New Zealand.
- The type of personal information that we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected, and the Services you have requested, but may include:
- 10.1. name and contact details, including your email address, phone number and postal address;
- 10.2. your associated usernames or aliases;
- 10.3. your blockchain address, which may become associated with personal information;
- 10.4. Website user data, collected when you visit our Websites. Website user data may include your IP address, cookies, device information, unique device identifiers, operating system and version and mobile network information.
- 10.5. information necessary to fulfil any regulatory compliance obligations we may have, including but not limited to, in the event that we are required to comply with the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009; and
- Most of the information we process will be collected directly from you, when you:
- 12.1. access one of our digital platforms like our Websites, or any website associated with our projects, such as HTTPS://IMMERSVE.COM/
- 12.2. access any social media platforms, rooms or servers that we have administrative rights to
- 12.3. subscribe to any newsletter or publication of Immersve;
- 12.4. purchase merchandise, products or services from us, through us or through third-party services;
- 12.5. participate in, or otherwise attend, any event, marketing campaign, competition, promotion or similar event run by Immersve;
- 12.6. provide details to us in any feedback or contact us form;
- 12.7. otherwise contact us through social media, email, telephone or other means;
- 12.8.apply for employment or a volunteer position with us; or we are required to do so by law.
- When you use our Websites, we may collect non-personally identifiable information that is sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device. The information that is sent to us may include your computer IP address, referral URL, geo-location and data about the webpages that you access.
- If you choose not to provide personal information to us on request you may be ineligible to participate in certain events or competitions run by Immersve, or we may be unable to provide certain Services to you, or it may affect the quality of those Services. Please contact us if you are unsure what information is important and how this might affect you.
- to provide you with access to and use of our Services;
- use in accordance with permissions granted through your Immersve Account;
- to communicate with you (for example to provide customer support or to ask you for feedback about our Services)
- to facilitate your use of our Services and help provide a more personalised experience;
- to facilitate, develop, run and improve events, and competitions operated by Immersve Corporation;
- where you qualify for other assets in the future from other parts of our eco system (including the Immersve) with our affiliates and related companies so that they can communicate with you regarding those other assets, allocations for air drops etc;
- to research and help improve and enhance our Services;
- to undertake regulatory compliance and administrative functions associated with our business;
- to conduct market analysis and perform data analytics on customer behaviour and insights in relation to our Services
- to comply with any legal obligations or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 2020;
- subject to you providing your consent (in accordance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007), sending you electronic messages to promote and market our Services; and
- for any other purpose expressly authorised by you
- Where you consent to us using your personal information for marketing and promotional communications, you can opt out at any time by notifying us at PRIVACY@IMMERSVE.COM or by clicking the unsubscribe function included in any of our marketing communications.
- In carrying out the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information to:
- any service providers that we have engaged to provide a service to us in relation to our Services, such as third parties who provide us with IT, marketing or customer support services;
- our professional advisors, including but not limited to, accountants, insurers and lawyers;
- any other person or organisation that you have authorised us to disclose your information to; and/or
- government departments, regulators, and any other third party where such disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act and/or any other applicable law.
- We generally hold your information in New Zealand. However, certain personal information may be transferred and/or stored outside of New Zealand by our third party service providers or staff or contractors working remotely. If we need to disclose your personal information to third parties outside of New Zealand, we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act in relation to offshore disclosures of personal information including, if necessary, ensuring that those third parties are subject to privacy obligations that overall provide comparable safeguards to those in the Privacy Act.
- Where information relating to individuals residing in the EU/UK is transferred outside of the European Economic Area, UK or New Zealand, it will be:
- to a related company that is subject to binding corporate rules;
- to a country or organisation that has 'adequacy' for the purpose of Article 45 of the GDPR or under the UKGDPR; or
- transferred subject to the European Commission's model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (i.e., the standard contractual clauses) and relevant UK standards.
- We do not collect or store any payment card details. Where we offer an online payment processing service through our Websites, we use a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard compliant hosted payment service to process any payment card transactions. Your payment card details will only be collected and held securely by that third party payment processor.
- You agree that any personal information you give to us will be accurate, correct and up to date.
- You are entitled to request access to, or correction of, the personal information we hold about you by contacting us at PRIVACY@IMMERSVE.COM.
- We cannot edit or delete any information that is stored on a blockchain, as we do not have custody or control over any blockchains. The information stored on a blockchain may include purchases, sales, and transfers related to your blockchain address and NFTs held at that address.
- If you reside in the EU or UK at the time your personal information is collected by Immersve, you may have certain additional rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you. These additional rights include:
- restriction of processing; and
- data portability.
- If you wish to submit a request in regard to any these rights, please contact us at PRIVACY@IMMERSVE.COM
- 27.1. To protect your privacy and security, we may also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to personal information or making corrections. We may refuse access to or correction of your personal information for any reason permitted by applicable privacy law. Security of information
- Although we take reasonable steps to ensure personal information in our possession is protected and held securely, we do not make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us, and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached. Any transmission of personal information is conducted at your own risk.
- If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact:
- the New Zealand Office of the Privacy Commissioner at: PO Box 10-094, The Terrace, Wellington 6143, phone 0800 803 909, HTTPS://PRIVACY.ORG.NZ/; or
- if you are based in the EU/UK, your local supervisory authority.
Why do we collect personal information?
8.1 The legal basis on which we process your personal information is as follows:
What personal information do we collect?
Personal Information for a specified purpose
Special categories of personal information
How and why do we collect information about you
Who we may disclose your personal information to
Transfer of information overseas
Payment card details
Access, correction and retention of your personal information
EU/UK data subject rights under the GDPR and UKGDPR
Verifying your identity
Links to other sites
How to contact us
Last Updated: July 2023