Effective: 22 January 2024
These terms are in addition to:
- Apple Pay Terms of Service
- For security purposes and to protect against fraud
- For a change to our systems or business
- For implementing improvements to the Apple Pay service
- If you continue to use your card or add cards to your Apple Wallet, you will be deemed to have accepted any change to these terms. If you do not accept the changes you must stop using your card or adding any further cards to your Apple Wallet.
- We may withdraw Apple Pay as a service at any time.
We will provide you with 14 days notice of any change, except where it is not reasonable to do so. No notice, or notice after the change has taken effect may be given where the change is outside of our control or required to meet specific regulatory requirements. Notice of any change will be published on our website.
Adding your card to your Apple Wallet
To be eligible to add your card to Apple Wallet and pay with Apple Pay, you must:
- Have an eligible card
- Be using an eligible Apple device. Apple determines the eligible devices for Apple Wallet and Apple Pay payment types.
- Eligible card types can manually be added to your Apple Wallet by following the steps outlined in the Apple Wallet app.
- You can remove your card(s) at any time by clicking the “Remove Card” button in the Apple Wallet.
Using your card with Apple Pay
Once your card(s) is loaded to your Apple Wallet, you can use the card to make contactless transactions with Apple Pay by holding your device close to the contactless terminal until the transaction is completed. Cards added to your Apple Wallet may not be accepted outside of New Zealand and you will not be able to withdraw cash at an ATM.
You may also use cards loaded to your Apple Wallet to make payments in apps or online where you see the Apple Pay icon.
You may be required to enter your PIN into the terminal or sign for contactless transactions over certain transaction limits. The PIN will be the PIN you selected when applying for your card.
Fees and Charges
We will not charge you for adding your card to the Apple Wallet.
Fees and charges may apply for using your card to make an Apple Pay transaction and you may be charged by third party parties. You are responsible for meeting these charges if they occur.
You are responsible for the security of your Apple device. Anyone who can access your device may be able to make a transaction using Apple Pay.
If you or any other person has biometric identification login enabled on your Apple device, this may be used to enable Apple Pay and make an Apple Pay payment.
You are responsible for the removal of any card(s) from your Apple Wallet prior to the sale or disposal of the device.
If your Apple Pay enabled device is lost or stolen, contact us immediately so that we can delete the card from your device.
Apple Pay and the Apple Wallet are provided by Apple. We are not responsible for the functionality or availability of Apple Pay, Apple Wallet or your Apple device. We are not liable for merchant locations, the compatibility of their contactless terminal or for any reduced level of service resulting from the failure of third party communications and network providers.
You indemnify, and will keep indemnified, Immersve against all actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, claims, demands, costs and expenses (including all legal costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Immersve, or for any claim brought against Immserve by a third party, that arises out of, or in connection with, your use of a card with Apple Pay.
If you have Location Services turned on for Apple Wallet, you will be able to see where you performed your transactions on Apple Pay in your transaction tab in the Apple Wallet. You can turn this functionality off in Location Services.
These Terms are governed by New Zealand law and the courts of New Zealand shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction
Apple Pay and Apple Wallet are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Immersve Limited (FSP1003031)